Monday, 30 March 2015

Tanya Burr's Yummy Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe!

I recently bought Tanya Burr's book Love, Tanya, and when I saw the baking section, I just had to try one of the recipes. I thought I'd share with you the recipe for her lemon drizzle cake, which is a simple recipe to make, but tastes amazing! I am in no way claiming this is my own recipe, and I don't know where Tanya got this recipe from, or whether it's her own, but I just wanted to share it with those of you who haven't seen it before.

It's really easy even if you aren't good at baking, and you can make it in less than 10 steps!


What You'll Need:

3 Eggs
170g Self-raising Flour
170g Caster Sugar
170g Butter or Margarine 
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
150g Icing Sugar
2 Lemons

Steps:

1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

2. Mix together the flour, caster sugar, butter/margarine, eggs and baking powder. 

3. Zest both of the lemons. You can do this using a cheese grater or lemon zester. Add the lemon zest to the mixture.

4. Line your tin with some butter or margarine and pour the mixture in. I asked my mum and she said it needs to be baked in a 2 pound loaf tin.

5. Tanya's Recipe said to bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, however, mine didn't cook until around 50-55 minutes. Put it in for 35 minutes, and check whether it's cooked by putting a knife through it. If mixture comes off on the knife, it's not done yet and you should put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes, and so on until no more mixture comes off on the knife.

6. When your cake is nearly finished in the oven, you want to start making the drizzle. Mix together the icing sugar and the juice of the 2 lemons, until it forms a fairly runny lemon drizzle. It shouldn't be as thick as normal icing is, because it is meant to be a drizzle, that can run through the cake to make is gooey!

7. When you take the cake out of the oven (and it's still hot!), transfer it onto a plate or into a dish, and poke a sharp knife or skewer through it to create 'holes' for the drizzle to run through. You want to poke enough holes so that the cake will be lemony, but not so many that it falls apart.

8. Pour the drizzle over the cake so it can soak in!

If you have any questions about the ingredients or method, let me know and I'll do my best to answer you!




I hope some of you make this cake. If you do, let me know in the comments below, and tell me whether you'd like to see more posts like this in the future!



20 comments:

  1. Looks amazing Molly! And I'm not even a fan of Lemon Drizzle Cake, but I am willing to start trying some more different types!
    Well done you!

    Meme xx

    New post:
    'Bath Life'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it, maybe you'll surprise yourself!! Or if not, Tanya does lots of nice recipes like cookies instead! Xx

      Delete
  2. Hi, what's up you alright..?
    Great post, yummm thanks for sharing.
    I like the look of your blog following you.
    Nice photos as well.

    Visit me whenever you have time;
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Kisses, enjoy your weekend. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cake:)

    i'm following you via gfc, hope you can follow me back

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks so good! yummy!

    http://octobergraves.blogspot.com/
    https://instagram.com/octobergraves/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmh, sounds so yummy. *__*
    New outfit is online...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! It looks tasty!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm! This looks so amazing!
    xo Erin
    www.winkandatwirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. mm i bet this tasted lovely i love lemon! haha :) x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Summer! <3 This looks so delicious!! :) I would love to follow your blog, but gfc says: We´re sorry... We were unable to handle your request. Please try again or return a bit later. We´re sorry... :( I don´t know is this because of my internet or google :( I like your blog, so I will try again tomorrow ♥ I hope you have a beautiful day :) <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is an issue I've had before with some blogs, it generally doesn't go away. If you did want to follow me, you could always follow me through Bloglovin'. Xx

      Delete
    2. Great idea, I´m following you now on Bloglovin♥ Can´t wait to see more posts from you :)
      Ps. I just realized that your name is Molly, not Summer, like I first said :D Sorry, for calling you by wrong name. I just saw "Summer 14" written under your picture, so I thought you name is Summer :D I´m such a blond!! :D
      Pps. I hope you have a lovely day, Molly ♥

      Delete
    3. Thank you so so much :) Don't worry it's an easy mistake to make, I knew what you meant straightaway! Xx

      Delete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!