Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Room Tour


Recently my bedroom has been redecorated, because the walls and carpets had been the same since I was a baby, and I've also rearranged all my furniture, so I wanted to give you guys a little peak at some of my bedroom!


When you walk into my room, this is the first thing you see. I have quite a small room, but my new furniture set up and decorating makes it look bigger and fresher.

My walls were originally cream, but they looked a bit yellow, so I chose this paint, which is 'Dulux White Cotton'. The carpet I have (you can see in the first photo, although it's a little dark), replaced the previous burgundy colour, and is called 'Stone' from Carpet Right.

I wish I had 'before' photos, so that you could see the difference, but unfortunately I don't!


These are the cushions I have, I'm not sure where the covers are from, but the Molly one was made by my mum's friend.


On my dressing table (first photo) I have my jewellery box, a small dish thing with my watch in it, and a 'happy flower' that is solar powered (not pictured), and my straighteners, ballet decoration, hand-held mirror and jewellery stand. I love my dressing table, and this was new too, I found it in a charity shop. It has six drawers, and plenty of space which I love. I added a mirror onto the wall to make it personal as I love that look. If you're after new furniture, but can't pay loads of money, charity shops can be great places to find new things!


I also have this cute hanging sign next to my window. I like this because it's girly but doesn't look too over the top!


This is the view from around my wardrobe at the other end of my bed. I put this television in there, and it's the first time I've had a TV. I don't watch it much as I spend a lot of my time in the lounge, and this television was just from the spare room, so my parents already had it. I've had this shelf since I was a baby, and its a good size to fit my books and other things on. 

I personally like arranging my books to look a little cluttered, but they are still done in an organised way. I have decorations on the top, beauty and life books on the middle shelf, and on the bottom I have some books about bands I like, some films and my Wii games. Most of my books are either on my kindle or in another cupboard downstairs, as I don't really have enough space to have them all out, and having too many things in my room makes it look tiny.

The picture of the tutu is from Matalan, this is new, my friend Abi got one, and I really liked it, so my mum surprised me by hanging it up when I was out :)

I hope you enjoyed this post! I personally love designing like this, but I'm wondering whether you guy do? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. I love your room !! It's so cute and quaint, I also have the 'girls just wanna have fun' sign it's so retro I love it !!
    http://daintyflowersxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And me too that sign is really cute! Xx

      Delete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!